I have been pondering the concept of Valentine’s day. Is it really a made up holiday? Are us women folk just trying lure you in promising sexual favors for diamonds? (What’s the deal with diamonds anyways…Why are they so great?)
But I have heard a lot of groaning amongst the men lately. I inquire “What’s wrong?” They reply “Uggg Valentine’s Day…I hate being under pressure…it’s stupid!”
So it got me thinking…Why do we have Valentine’s Day? Just like Christmas we have commercialized to the point of bastardization and there is no turning back people! Jesus is the reason for the season. Not anymore. Jesus got replaced by Xbox, sorry.
V-day: Is a day for men to prove they love their girlfriends and wives. This it day when all the estrogen enduced beady eyes will be staring at you expecting greatness!
So now that you are under pressure- What do you do? Complain! That’s all I’ve been hearing. Men what is the big deal? Is it really that hard to get a gift?
Here are some ideas to help you out gentlemen:
- All women are looking for one thing: Thoughtfulness. Whatever you do or give if its thoughtful then you are golden.
- Women love giving hints because we know you are retarded. Starting FEB 1st turn your listening ears on because we will be laying it down hard. “Oh look at this scarf…I’ve always wanted one just like this. Oh I love this song…I wish I had this CD”
Find the answers to these questions:
-What is her favorite song? What is her favorite perfume? What is her favorite candy? What kind of flowers does she like? (SOME WOMEN HATE ROSES- find out if she is one of them)
- Gift ideas: Gift basket with the following: A mixed cd with all her favorite songs, or at least romantic songs you can get down to. A hand-made card…(it doesn’t matter if you can draw…if its handmade you score big points). Also include her favorite candy and bring it with a bouquet of her favorite flowers. (If my boyfriend is reading this- you can’t do this…because that would mean you are not being thoughtful…you are following directions)
The difference Between Being Thoughtful & Following Directions:
- Thoughtful: Suprise, spontaneous, incredibly romantic. It shows her you know her better than anyone else. It shows her you listen. We already think you don’t listen to us, being thoughtful reminds us you are not all dumb cavemen.
- Following Directions: “Get me flowers for V-day” says your wife. What do you…you get flowers and that’s it. FAIL. You followed directions and didn’t veer off the course. BAD CALL. Following directions means you are not thinking for yourself you are in a cattle call going moo. It’s not sexy, it’s not romantic, its lame.
While following directions is better than not doing anything, its boring. Get her the damn flowers, but all do something else spontaneous, romantic and thoughtful.
You can do it, it’s not as hard as you think. Listen and act in a THOUGHTFUL manner.
Let me know what you are going to do for V-Day! If you have some good ideas add them here!